What is website classification?
Website classification is a process that takes a website, and translate it into one or two categories which best describes the website. For example CNN is news, Facebook is social networks.
Each industry has a different usage for website classification:
- Parental control – Blocking age inappropriate websites and/or alerting the parent.
- DLP (Data Leakage Prevention) – Blocking sites that allow for data exfiltration, like webmail or file hosting.
- ISPs – Blocking sites where there’s a legal requirement, or use it internally for reporting and optimizations.
- Antivirus – Blocking sites that pose a security risk.
- Adtech – Can be used for both Brand safety and/or focused RTB bidding.
The picture below depicts the end points of the industries mentioned communicating with the cloud based website classification API:
Our website classification service
We offer website classification services to all industries, with competitive pricing, and various business models.
Contact us for more information.