Terms of service - Data
License: Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company may integrate the functionality provided by the Database into Platforms for provision of such functionality internally. In which event KeywordsStandings hereby grants to Company during the Term (as defined below) and subject to the terms and conditions hereof, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-bearing, indivisible and non-transferable license, to copy and use the Database solely for the purpose of integrating the functionality provided by the Database into internally used Platforms. Company may not disclose, furnish, transfer or otherwise make available or distribute Software, the Database or related documentation to any third party without KeywordsStandings prior consent.
License Consideration: In consideration for access to the Database, Company shall pay KeywordsStandings the fees as agreed on. The Fees exclude all applicable sales, use and other taxes and all applicable export and import fees, customs duties and similar charges, and Company will be responsible for payment of all such taxes (other than taxes based on KeywordsStandings` income), fees, duties and charges, and any related penalties and interest, arising from the payment of the Fees or access to the Software provided to the Company. Company will make all payments of the Fees to KeywordsStandings free and clear of, and without reduction for, any withholding taxes; any such taxes imposed on payments of the Fees to KeywordsStandings will be Company’s sole responsibility, and Company will provide KeywordsStandings with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or such other evidence as the KeywordsStandings may reasonably request, to establish that such taxes have been paid. All sales are final.
Intellectual Property Rights: Means all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, patent rights (including patents and patent applications), moral rights, and other proprietary rights. Software: Title to and ownership of and all proprietary rights, including Intellectual Property Rights, in or to the Software (including all APIs provided to Company), Interface Code, the Database and related documentation and all partial or complete copies thereof shall at all times remain with the Company. As between the parties, Company hereby acknowledges that KeywordsStandings is the sole owner of all right, title, and interest to the Software (including all APIs provided to Company) and Interface Code and related documentation, and any Intellectual Property Rights therein. All terms in the License Agreement regarding Feedback (as defined therein) shall apply equally to Feedback regarding the Software. Feedback: Company is not obligated to provide any feedback to KeywordsStandings regarding the Software or Interface Code (“Feedback”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, if Company shall provide any Feedback to KeywordsStandings, KeywordsStandings shall have the right to use any such Feedback in any manner in current or future products or services, without further compensation or obligations to Company. No Sale or Implied Licenses: This Agreement shall not be construed as a sale of any rights in the Software (including all APIs provided to Company), Interface Code or related documentation, and all references in this Agreement to the sale of the Software (including all APIs provided to Company), Interface Code or documentation, or references of like effect, shall mean the right to access the Software (including all APIs provided to Company), and use the Interface Code and such related documentation pursuant to this Agreement. Except as expressly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement will be construed to confer any ownership interest, license or other rights upon Company by implication, estoppel or otherwise as to any technology, intellectual property rights or products of KeywordsStandings or any third party.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: The Software groups internet websites into a variety of categories. KeywordsStandings MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE CATEGORIZATION METHODS OF THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE CORRECT OR ACCURATE IN ALL SITUATIONS OR INSTANCES. COMPANY AND END USERS MAY NOT AGREE WITH THE SOFTWARE’S CATEGORIZATION OF ANY INTERNET SITE. KeywordsStandings SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF CLAIMS THAT ANY SPECIFIC INTERNET SITE SHOULD BE CATEGORIZED DIFFERENTLY THAN THE CATEGORIZATION APPLIED BY THE SOFTWARE. MOREOVER, THE CATEGORIZATION OF ANY INTERNET WEBSITE IN ONE CATEGORY AND THE LATER CATEGORIZATION OF THE SAME WEBSITE IN A DIFFERENT CATEGORY SHALL IN NO EVENT BE DEEMED EVIDENCE THAT THE INITIAL CATEGORIZATION OF A WEBSITE WAS INCORRECT, AND SHALL IN NO EVENT ACT TO IMPOSE ANY LIABILITY ON KeywordsStandings. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, THE INTERFACE CODE AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS”. KeywordsStandings EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES (INCLUDING WITH REGARD TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE) AND WITHOUT LIMITATION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. KeywordsStandings DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE OR INTERFACE CODE WILL MEET COMPANY’S REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE AND INTERFACE CODE WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR ERROR-FREE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: KeywordsStandings` LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND INTERFACE CODE, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED AMOUNTS PAID TO KeywordsStandings BY COMPANY HEREUNDER DURING THE YEAR PRIOR TO THE OCCURRENCE OF THE DAMAGE PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL KeywordsStandings BE LIABLE TO COMPANY OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF USE DAMAGES), EVEN IF KeywordsStandings HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
Confidentiality: Each party agrees to keep confidential during and after the termination of this Agreement and not disclose or use except in performance of its obligations under this Agreement, confidential or proprietary information related to the other party’s technology or business that it learns in connection with this Agreement and any other information received from the other, provided that such information or material is either clearly marked confidential or the receiving party should reasonably understand the information to be confidential (“Confidential Information”). Confidential Information shall not include information (i) already lawfully known to or independently developed by the receiving party without access to or use of the other party’s Confidential Information, (ii) disclosed in published materials, (iii) generally known to the public, (iv) lawfully obtained from any third party without restrictions, or (v) required to be disclosed by law. Company agrees to keep the existence and the terms of this Agreement confidential. Each party agrees to restrict disclosure of Confidential Information to those of its employees and officers with a reasonable need to know such information and which are bound by confidentiality obligations no less restrictive than those set out herein. For the avoidance of doubt, all Interface Code and all information regarding the APIs of the Software shall be deemed confidential information of KeywordsStandings, and may not be disclosed to any third party. Company shall promptly inform KeywordsStandings if it has reason to believe that it or its employees have used or disclosed the APIs in violation of this Agreement.
Indemnification: Company shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless KeywordsStandings from and against any and all suits, proceedings, assertions, damages, costs, liabilities or expenses (including court costs and attorneys’ legal fees) which KeywordsStandings may suffer or incur in connection with any actual claim, demand, action or other proceeding by any third party arising from or relating to (i) a claim that the Platform infringes or violates any third party Intellectual Property Rights; (ii) any alleged breach or contravention of any applicable law relating to Company’s promotion, sale or other activities related to the Platform; or (iii) any other claim relating to elements of a Platform aside from the Software. In the event of any such claim, KeywordsStandings shall promptly notify Company in writing of the claim and Company shall have the right, to manage and control, at its sole expense, the defense of the claim and the settlement thereof. KeywordsStandings shall cooperate with the Company and may, at its option and expense, be represented in any such action or proceeding. Company shall not agree to any settlements, litigation costs or expenses without KeywordsStandings` prior written authorization.
Infringement: Company shall promptly notify KeywordsStandings of any infringement by any third party of any of KeywordsStandings` rights in the Software or Interface Code (of which Company becomes aware) but Company shall not take any action, legal or otherwise, with respect to such matter without the prior written consent of KeywordsStandings. Company shall provide testimony and other evidence in any legal action commenced by KeywordsStandings, and shall otherwise cooperate with KeywordsStandings in any way reasonably necessary or desirable, at KeywordsStandings` expense, in order to permit KeywordsStandings successfully to protect the affected rights. KeywordsStandings shall be entitled to keep all damages or other payments recovered in connection with any such action. If the Software or Interface Code becomes, or in KeywordsStandings` opinion is likely to become, the subject of an infringement claim, KeywordsStandings may, at its option and expense, either (a) procure for Company the right to continue using the Software or Interface Code, (b) replace or modify the Software or Interface Code so that it becomes non-infringing, or (c) terminate this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, KeywordsStandings shall have no obligation for any claim of infringement arising from: (1) any combination of the Software or Interface Code with programs, equipment or hardware not supplied by KeywordsStandings, where such infringement would not have occurred but for such combination; (2) the adaptation or modification of the Interface Code other than by or on behalf of KeywordsStandings, where such infringement would not have occurred but for such adaptation or modification; (3) the use of the Software or Interface Code in a manner for which it was not designed or intended or which is not permitted hereunder, where such infringement would not have occurred but for such use; or (4) a claim based on any element of a Platform other than the Software or Interface Code. THIS SECTION STATES KeywordsStandings’ ENTIRE LIABILITY AND COMPANY’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR INFRINGEMENT CLAIMS AND ACTIONS.
Term and Termination: Subject to the provisions of this Section, the term of this Agreement shall commence as of the date hereof and shall continue indefinitely unless earlier terminated as otherwise provided herein (such period of time being defined as the “Term”). Termination. Either party may terminate this agreement: (a) Upon the occurrence of a material breach or default as to any obligation hereunder by the other party and the failure of such breaching party to remedy such breach within 30 days after receiving written notice thereof from the non-breaching party, any such termination becoming immediately effective upon the giving of written notice of termination; provided that the Term shall terminate automatically if Company has failed to pay any fees or other amounts due hereunder within 15 days after receipt of written notice containing a demand for payment therefore and Company remains in default with respect thereto for a period of 15 days after receipt of such written notice; or (b) upon the filing of a petition in bankruptcy, insolvency or reorganization against or by the other party, or such other party becoming subject to a composition for creditors, whether by law or agreement, or such other party going into receivership or otherwise becoming insolvent, provided each of the foregoing renders the other party unable to perform its obligations hereunder, such termination immediately effective upon the giving of written notice of termination. KeywordsStandings may terminate this Agreement if Company shall contest or oppose any Intellectual Property Rights associated with the Software or Interface Code or if Company shall advise or consult with any party engaging in any such contest. Survival: (Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights), (Warranty Disclaimer), (Limitation of Liability), (Confidentiality), (Indemnification), (Effect of Termination), (Miscellaneous).
- Notices: Any and all notices and communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly given when delivered personally, or received by telegram, facsimile or similar means of communication, or by first class mail or courier, addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth at the beginning of this Agreement or to such other addresses as either of the parties hereto may from time to time in writing designate to the other party hereto.
- Relationship of Parties: KeywordsStandings and Company are and intend to remain independent parties. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed or construed to create the relationship of principal and agent or of partnership or joint venture, and except as otherwise specifically agreed upon in writing by the parties, neither party shall hold itself out as an agent, legal representative, partner, subsidiary, joint venturer, servant or employee of the other. Neither party nor any officer or employee thereof shall, in any event, have any right collectively or individually, to bind the other party, to make any representations or warranties, to accept service of process, to receive notice or to perform any act or thing on behalf of the other party, except as authorized in writing by such other party in its sole discretion.
- Entire Agreement: This document constitutes the entire and sole agreement and understanding between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous understanding, agreements, representations or warranties, whether oral or written, with respect to the subject matter. Company acknowledges and agrees that KeywordsStandings owes no other obligations to Company other than as explicitly as set forth herein.
- Modification, Amendment, Waiver: No modification or amendment of any provision of this Agreement shall be effective unless approved in writing by the parties to the Agreement. No party shall be deemed to have waived compliance by any other party with any provision of this Agreement unless such waiver is in writing, and the failure of any party at any time to enforce any of the provisions of this Agreement shall in no way be construed as a waiver of such or any other provision and shall not affect the rights of any party thereafter to enforce such provisions in accordance with their terms.
- Assignment; Successors: Company shall not assign, delegate or transfer any rights or obligations under this without the prior written consent of KeywordsStandings. KeywordsStandings may assign its right or obligations hereunder in the context of any merger transaction or the purchase of all or substantially all of KeywordsStandings` assets to which this Agreement relates.
- Severability: In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable in any circumstances by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be interpreted to give it the maximum effect possible under applicable law, and the remainder of this Agreement, and the application of such provision in any other circumstances, shall not be affected thereby.
- Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Israel applicable to contracts formed and entirely performed therein. Any action, suit or other proceeding arising under or relating to this Agreement shall be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the city of Tel-Aviv/Jaffa, and the parties hereby consent to the sole jurisdiction of such courts.
Last updated: 21th Dec 2020